I don’t know about you but I struggle with choosing what to fix for dinner. We eat a lot of chicken and after a certain amount of chicken dinners I start looking and thinking of a beef recipe of some kind. I am a rebel like that! When I saw this recipe I thought that my husband would really like it. I don’t know what it is about guys and sliders. Since when did men love small sandwiches so much? I thought they were suppose to love big sandwiches like whoppers and big macs. Maybe it’s just my husband but if there is a slider on the menu he will most likely order it.
I adapted this recipe to suit our taste and we thought they were delicious. It’s an extremely easy meal to throw together. I served ours with Caesar salad and since there are two people in our household we had plenty of leftovers.
I bought the slider buns in the bread section at Kroger. I did not see any at Wal Mart when I checked. I also used a biscuit cutter to cut the provolone cheese into smaller circles so it would fit nicer on the bun. I like my food neat. 🙂
- 1 12oz. package of frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs (24 total)
- 1 24 to 26 ounce jar of marinara sauce or tomato-base pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- I pkg. slider buns
- I pkg. provolone cheese
- Place frozen meatballs in the crock pot
- In a medium bowl combine the marinara suace, red pepper and vinegar
- Pour over meatballs
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2 to 21/2 hours.
- Gently stir mixture in crock pot
- When ready to serve place cheese on top bun and two meatballs on the button but
- Sandwich together and enjoy.