Malted Milk Cookies- A decadent cookie base flavored with malt powder and pieces of whopper candy!
I will never grow tired of trying new cookie recipes nor will I grow tired of eating tried and true cookie recipes. I like to refer to “tried and true” recipes as The Classics. An old fashioned malt would definitely be considered a “classic” recipe and these cookies have all the flavor of an ice cream malt, sans the ice cream. Basically, they’re a classic newbie! 🙂
Malted Milk Cookies are flavored with chocolate malt powder and pieces of whopper candy. I remember as a kid being so excited on Halloween night to discover all the boxes of Whopper candy that I had received while trick or treating!
Malted Milk Cookies are best served warm. I know what you are thinking..aren’t ALL cookies best when served warm?!? The answer is YES, however, these really are BEST when served warm. The heat helps to soften the pieces of whopper candy.
I cut the candy pieces in half by gently holding a piece of candy in place and using a knife to cut down the middle. This process was not as time consuming as it seems.
If you liked this recipe then check out some other cookie recipes:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chocolate malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups malted milk balls, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Beat in egg; add vanilla.
- Combine the flour, malt powder, and baking soda.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Mix until all combined.
- Add whopper candy pieces and mix again for 5-10 seconds until incorporated.
- Roll cookies into ball shapes about 1 1/2 inch in size or use a cookie dough scoop.
- Using a parchment lined cookie sheet begin placing balls of cookie dough onto sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes depending on your oven at 375 degrees.
- Cool for one minute before removing cookies to wire racks.