Peanut Butter Brownies – Homemade brownies topped with a creamy peanut butter mixture, chocolate chips and chopped miniature peanut butter cups.
This recipe was originally shared on Rebecca’s blog.
I have yet to meet a person who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate. I’m sure someone out there doesn’t, but like I said, I haven’t met them.
Peanut butter and chocolate are meant to be enjoyed together, and throw in a brownie and you’ve got a match made in heaven!!
I used a large circle shape cookie cutter to cut these peanut butter brownies. You can cut them into squares straight from the pan, if you prefer. Or, grab a heart shaped cookie cutter if you’re making these for your sweetheart!
There are several steps involved with this particular recipe…consider yourself warned. 😉
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Cut in half miniature peanut butter cups (around 18)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder,
- baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, melted butter and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla
- Stir well to combine.
- Add two of the eggs on at a time, beating well with a spoon or spatula, just until combined.
- Add the flour mixture, a little at a time, and stir until combined.
- Spread the batter in the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- lightly beat the remaining egg.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla. mix well.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture over the hot brownie layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, longer.
- Cool completely in pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the whipping cream and the ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, and then stir. Continue this until the mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle over brownies.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
- Let stand until chocolate drizzle is set.
- Use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut.