It’s another snowy mess outside here in Louisville. It snowed about 12 inches Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Jason had a snow day and we we were able to spend the day together. It felt like a Saturday! Good thing I planned on homemade pizza for dinner, because after we came in from clearing off our cars I was exhausted. That was some hard work just getting all the snow off of the roof of the car. Luckily, I had this homemade pizza sauce already made and in the freezer from the last time I made a batch. Making your own pizza sauce is soooo easy.
The other day I shared a recipe for homemade pizza dough and naturally I felt like I needed to follow through with a recipe for homemade pizza sauce. When I prepare a jar of this I like to freeze mine in silicone freezer cube trays, but ice cube trays will work too. Just pop them out and put in a freezer safe bag.
I defrost them in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove and then spread over the pizza dough before baking.
This recipe will yield about 2 cups and however much you like on a pizza and the size of the pizza will depend on how many pizzas you will be able to coat with the sauce.
Since today is Friday make it a homemade pizza night!
- 1 can (15oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth. Use immediately on pizzas or pour into jars to refrigerate or a freezer safe container to freeze.