Chippy Chewy Bars. They. Are. Decadent! It’s got a graham cracker base, a layer of peanut butter chips, coconut, & sweetened condensed milk, and a chocolate drizzle on top. Also, when a recipe starts out with melted butter you know it’s a good one. Am I right?!?
Today’s post was originally shared on Kristen’s blog. If you’re not reading Kristen’s blog then you’re missing out on great content!
Are you ready for a bar recipe that is full of great flavors and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth? I’ve got a delicious one for you today!!
I love a good bar recipe because they’re easy to make and easy to transport. And, I usually have all the ingredients in my pantry. Double win!
The base of these Chippy Chewy Bars is crushed graham crackers. You can buy a box of graham cracker crumbs, but I like to save a buck so I buy them whole and crush them myself.
On top of the graham cracker crumbs are peanut butter chips, followed by flaked coconut, then another layer of peanut butter chips. A can of sweetened condensed milk is poured over all those yummy ingredients and then it bakes in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
These already decadent bars get a final touch with a drizzle of chocolate over the top. Yumm!!!
I wish I could personally share these with you, but, unfortunately that’s not going to happen. So, you’re going to have to whip these up yourself to find out how yummy they are.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 2/3 cups of Peanut Butter Chips, divided
- 1 //2 cups Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 can (14 oz.sweetened condensed milk)
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 teaspoon shortening
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place butter in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Place pan hot oven and allow the butter to melt. Careful not to burn the butter, so watch carefully.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the top of melted butter.
- Use the bottom of a cup and pack the crumbs, tightly.
- Layer one cup of the peanut butter chips on top of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of the chips.
- Sprinkle the remaining ⅔ cup of peanut butter chips on top.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the bars.
- Gently press down.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place the ½ cup of chocolate and shortening in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 25 seconds. Stir.
- Microwave again for 25 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Once bars are finished baking, allow to cool about 5 minutes and then drizzle chocolate over the tops.
- Allow to cool completely on wired racks.
- Cut into bars and store in an air tight container.