Crock pot bbq ribs-A slab of baby back ribs coated with a dry rub, placed in the crock pot and your favorite barbecue sauce poured over the top. Easy and Delicious!
Baby Back Ribs with a thick layer of BBQ sauce cooking all day in the crock pot…Sign me up!
These BBQ ribs are so easy to make and taste delicious. I would know since I’ve made them a gazillion times. A gazillion could be a slight exaggeration…but it’s pretty close.
Jason loves BBQ ribs so I started making them in the crock pot and he always says how delicious they are. I agree and I love how easy it is to make these and the clean up is minimal too. That’s a win-win for me!
Please excuse the raw meat shot. I wanted to share a picture of the dry rub that gets massaged into the slab of ribs.
Since we just officially, though not really, ended summer, and school is in full swing I think it’s a good time to let the crock pot do some cooking for you. I love my crock pot!
I’m such an unashamedly girly girl and don’t like to be dirty so I won’t order ribs at a restaurant because I don’t want to get BBQ sauce all over my face. However, by eating BBQ ribs at home allows me to enjoy the ribs, mess and all.
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 5-6 lb.s baby back ribs
- 2-3 C favorite bbq sauce
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture over the meaty side of the ribs
- Place ribs in slow cooker standing them upright with the meaty side against the wall of the cooker.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the ribs
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours until tender
- Remove ribs and allow to sit for 15 minutes (cover with foil)
- Cut ribs apart
- Cover with bbq sauce left in cooker if desired
- Recipe from http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/easy-crock-pot-bbq-ribs/