Hash Brown Casserole Recipe is comfort food in side dish form that just hits the spot. Frozen hash browns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and cheese! Yummy!
I fixed this hash brown casserole a couple of weeks ago and my father in law loved it! I had made it one other time before but have eaten it many other times. I decided to fix hash brown casserole for my family because it was different then mashed potatoes and I knew it would be great with our main dish. I know of several people who enjoy having this for their holiday meals and it’s a great choice if you’re traveling cause you can easily bake it in a portable casserole dish.
I don’t cook with condensed soups very often and honestly if I want to make something that calls for a can of it I will often make it myself. For this recipe I followed it as it is written and used the condensed soup. Sometimes you just gotta let go and enjoy the crazy delicious things! 🙂
I hope you like this hash brown casserole recipe as much as we do. Enjoy!
- 1 package of shredded hash browns (1lb bag)
- 1 (16-oz.) carton of sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (mild)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Make sure to use a large bowl or work in two separate batches because it is hard to mix all together without enough space in the bowl.