Banana Bread– Roasted bananas help to add some extra sweetness to this already delicious bread.
Hey, guys! I’m bringing you a recipe for something that you probably already have a hundred of? Well, make it one hundred and one, now. Although, after you try this banana bread recipe it will be the only one you need. Yea, it’s that good!
To add some sweetness to the bread I roasted the bananas in the oven for about 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Of course wait till you have some brown bananas and then prick them with a fork a few times. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the bananas on the baking sheet and roast in the oven.
I don’t mind to eat banana bread plain but a lot of people prefer butter on it..Can’t say I blame them! You can enjoy this however you please. Also, if you would like to add nuts to this then you can, but I prefer not to.
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- If roasting the bananas then prick them with a fork and roast in a 350 oven for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Beat oil and sugar together.
- Add eggs and bananas and beat well.
- Add nuts if using.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture.
- Wait till your bananas are brown before you make bread. Brown bananas are the best to use.
- If you're roasting your bananas then there is not a reason to mash them they will be soft enough from "roasting."
- If you don't roast your bananas then mash them in a bowl before adding them to the mixture.
Check out these other yummy breads: