Easy strawberry cake from cake mix is simple to make, it's full of strawberry flavor and ultra moist. No one will believe it's from a box mix.
Strawberry cake is perfect during the spring and summer months when strawberries are in season. However, it can be enjoyed anytime of year.
Ingredients for Strawberry Cake and Icing
- box of white cake mix
- strawberry jello
- vegetable oil
- powdered Sugar
- cream cheese
See recipe card for quantities and steps.
In a medium bowl add strawberries and sprinkle sugar on top. I used 1 tbsp of sugar but my berries weren't very sweet. If you have fresh, seasonal strawberries that are sweet then you can use less sugar. Allow the sugar to sit on the strawberries for 5 minutes. This allows the strawberries to release their juice and then mash.
The recipe uses a white cake mix with strawberry jello. The strawberry jello really allows the strawberry flavor to shine. However, if you need to use a box of strawberry cake mix then it would be best to omit the strawberry jello.
To make a round cake, you will need to grease two even size round pans and reduce the baking time. Start checking for doneness at 28 minutes.
Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to mix your ingredients.
The cake is baked in a "9x13" pan. This one is great and it also has a lid.
Serve cake at room temperature and leftovers should be covered and stored in the refrigerator.
Remove this block, and replace it with the recipe card here
Strawberry Cake from Cake Mix
- 1 pkg White Cake Mix
- 3 oz. package of strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup strawberries
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup strawberries
- In a medium bowl add strawberries and sugar and wait 5 minutes. Combine cake mix, gelatin, oil and water. Using a mixer, beat eggs in one at a time. Add the strawberries to the cake mixture and mix well. Add cake batter to a greased and floured 9x13-inch pan and bake for 34-50 minutes at 350°
- Add strawberries to a medium bowl and sprinkle with sugar, if needed. After 5 minutes, mash strawberries.
- In a separate bowl combine cream cheese and butter. Stir in powdered sugar.
- Add half of the strawberries including the juice and stir to combine. Add more strawberries if needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Ice cake once it's completely cooled.