Give pasta night a fun twist and make easy spaghetti pie. It's quick and easy and picky eater approved.
This spaghetti pie is quick to throw together so it makes a great weeknight meal and would also be good to take to someone who's just had a baby or surgery. The leftovers heat up great too.
Another favorite pasta dish in our house is my creamy baked ziti.
Ingredients for easy spaghetti pie
This is a pantry staple recipe and the reason it's so easy to make.
- spaghetti noodles
- parmesan cheese
- ground beef
- your favorite pasta sauce
- mozzarella cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
Boil pasta until cooked and then drain. Allow pasta to sit for a couple of minutes so it can cool. Toss pasta with some of the parmesan and egg until it's coated.
Press pasta into a pie plate and up the sides of the pie plate. After meat is cooked, add pasta sauce and mix well. Pour pasta over spaghetti in pie plate, reserving some pf the pasta sauce. Top with mozzarella and remaining parmesan and bake.
Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Remember that image SEO is important: file names should reflect the recipe + step they represent, but only use alt text as a screen reader description.
Tip: As the spaghetti bakes, it soaks up sauce, which is why I reserve some and pour some on the plate and add the slice of spaghetti on top.
- Ground beef- instead of ground beef you can use ground turkey or italian sausage
- Pasta Sauce- Use your favorite jarred sauce for a quick and easy meal
Store leftovers in an airtight container, in the refrigerator. Good for 2-3 days.
Easy Spaghetti Pie
- ½ lb spaghetti noodles cooked and drained
- 1 lb ground beef cooked and drained
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1-½ cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook meat and drain fat once done.
- Pour cause over the meat.
- Boil pasta and drain water once pasta is cooked.
- Toss pasta with beaten egg and half the parmesan cheese.
- Press pasta into pie plate and up sides of pie plate.
- Reserve about ⅓ of sauce and pour the rest over the pasta.
- Top with remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow to rest for five minutes before slicing.