7 up cake from scratch is easy to make and tastes light and refreshing because of the hints of lemon and lime.
This cake is great year around but especially in the spring and summer months.
How to make a 7 up cake from scratch
- all-purpose flour
- lemon extract- this can be found in the baking aisle.
- lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage, such as 7up
- 7 up Glaze from scratch
- powdered sugar
- lemon extract
- lemon juice
- lemon-lime carbonated beverage
See recipe card for quantities and directions.
Butter and sugar are creamed together really well and add sugar. Continue to cream mixture together. Add eggs. Add flour, lemon extract and carbonated beverage. Place in a preheated oven and bake.
Once cake has cooled for ten minutes remove from pan and invert onto a cake plate ot platter and allow to cool. Once cake has cooled, pour glaze over the top.
To make this cake you will need a bundt pan. I have not made this cake in any other type of pan.
7 up cake making tips
Use softened butter and room temperature eggs for best results.
7 up cake from scratch
- 1 bundt pan
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- 1½ cup butter softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs room temperature
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- ¾ cup lemon-lime soda
- 3¼ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup lemon-lime soda
- Cream together butter and sugar for 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time and lighty mix until combined.
- Add flour, lemon extract and lightly mix.
- Pour in soda and gently fold into the other ingredients.
- Pour into a well-greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 60-75 minutes.
- Remove from oven after toothpick inserted comes out clean or with dry cake.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes on a wire rack then remove from pan and place on a cake plate or platter. Allow to cool.
- Pour glaze over cake.
- Using a hand mixer combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and soda and mix until combined. Once cake has cooled then pour glaze over the cake.