Caramel corn is super easy to make at home, tastes great and is the perfect fall snack. It makes great gifts for neighbors and friends too. I’ve given my peppermint bark popcorn as gifts before and it’s always a hit and I know this caramel corn will be too.
The ingredients to make caramel corn are mostly pantry staples but make sure you’re using plain popcorn. I use both common types of popcorn to make this, but I probably prefer the mushroom style. Butterfly popcorn is the most common and easily to find at the grocery store and it is great to use too. Here is a breakdown of the different types of popcorn and how they are used. If you want to use mushroom popcorn, you can find it
will last for two-three weeks in an air tight container. If it even makes it that long! It’s addicting!! Make sure you’re using the largest bowl you have to stir the popcorn together. I pop my popcorn in an air popper but a microwave popper works great too. While the popcorn is in the oven I use my large 21x15x1 baking sheet and all the popcorn fits on there. If you have to use two pans make sure and rotate them during the stirring process every 15 minutes.
- 16 Cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Corn Syrup
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place all 16 cups of popped popcorn in a large bowl
- Set aside a large baking sheet
- Pre heat Oven to 250°
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly
- Add vanilla and baking soda and mix well. Mixture should be foamy.
- Pour over popcorn
- Stir well to coat the popcorn in the caramel mixture
- Pour popcorn onto prepared pan and place in oven for 45 minutes
- Gently stir/mix popcorn around every 15 minutes
- Allow to cool and then store in an airtight container
Pease drop me a note and let me know if you make this. You can also tag me on social media with a picture. I would love to see your recipes. Enjoy! Thanks for popping by! HA! <—-See what I did there?!?