Pumpkin Spice and White chocolate cookies: A pumpkin spiced flavored cookie loaded with pumpkin spice morsels and white chocolate morsels.
Before you read any more of this post you need to go add to your grocery list a bag of these Pumpkin Spice Morsels. Then you will be able to make these pumpkin spice and white chocolate cookies. I found my bag at Target and my blogging friend, Rebecca bought some too. I can’t wait to see what recipe she makes with them.
At first I didn’t know what I would make with them. I saw them and didn’t think twice about throwing them in my cart. I thought about a few different things I could make with these bad boys but ultimately I kept going back to cookies. And what better cookie to use for this than a snickerdoodle?!?
I didn’t include snickerdoodle in the name because the name is already so lengthy. However, I felt it was important to include the pumpkin spice and white chocolate. They’re the stars of this recipe. I really enjoyed coming up with this recipe and the addition of pumpkin spice and cinnamon in the batter is really delicious. I did not add canned pumpkin because I didn’t want it to be too much pumpkin flavor or taste like pumpkin cake. I think these cookies are just right.
Pumpkin Spice and white chocolate cookies are soft, but still have a crispy bottom and are loaded with all the fall flavors. Although, the white chocolate may not scream fall, but it sure is a nice addition.
I actually didn’t expect Jason to like these since he’s not a huge pumpkin fan. Well…. I couldn’t have been more wrong….He LOVES these cookies and too bad we don’t live closer to our families since I know my brother would love these as well. We share the same devotion to pumpkin foods and drinks.
Bake these cookies right away because they are super delicious. If you love pumpkin and you love cookies then you will love these. Annnnddd, we can be friends. 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup pumpkin spice morsels
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl cream softened butter for 30 seconds.
- Add sugars and cream together.
- Add the egg plus the egg yolk separately and cream each together with the sugar mix.
- Add vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour.
- Add the salt, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk together.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the butter mixture.
- Once the flour is fully incorporated add the morsels and mix together.
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl until there are no lumps from the brown sugar.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, scoop out the dough and shape into a ball.
- Dip one side into the topping mixture and press gently onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- The side that was dipped in the topping should be facing upward.
- For a softer cookie bake 9-10 minutes and leave cookies on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before placing on a cooling rack to cool.
- For a crispier cookie baker 11-12 minutes and remove from oven and place on cooling racks.