Double Chocolate Muffin Tops- Chocolate muffins with semi sweet morsels added to the batter and baked in a muffin top pan.
Let's chat about muffin tops. No, not those muffin tops. The kind that you may develop from eating too many of these muffin tops. Or these, these and these. We are chatting about these delicious, double chocolate muffin tops. Which can totally be made into a regular muffin just by using a muffin pan. I wanted to switch things up a bit so I used this muffin top pan. If you do decide to make these but are going to use a regular muffin pan just increase the baking time about 5 minutes.
Don't ask if these are supposed to be a breakfast muffin. What I am trying to say is that they taste like a brownie. Especially a couple of bites that have the crispy part around the sides..so good. But, back to breakfast, er, dessert. I'm not sure..maybe brunch. Yea, let's call these brunch muffins. Honestly, these would make a great breakfast dessert. You know, a sweet treat after your healthy breakfast. Would that void the healthy breakfast? Naaah, nobody has to know. Unless you start to develop a muffin top. Please don't sue me if that happens.
These brownielike muffins tops are just delicious. That's all!
Double Chocolate Muffin Tops
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate morsels
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin top pan or regular muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar,cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, milk, vanilla and egg. Add oil mixture all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened and all flour is incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes if using a muffin top pan or 18-20 minutes if using a regular muffin pan.
- Cool in pan on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely before storing.