Lemon Cupcakes-Moist cupcakes with a hint of lemon and topped with a lemon butter frosting.
Lemon Cupcakes are perfect for bridal and baby showers. They are so light and yummy. It seems that I am starting to enjoy lemon desserts more than I use to. I have always liked lemon desserts but never would’ve picked a lemon dessert over a chocolate one. However, that seems to be changing. I think I really like the freshness that the lemon flavor provides.
Lately, when trying to think of recipe ideas or just an idea of what to bake I keep gravitating to lemon flavored dishes or treats. With that said, I have more lemon recipes I’m planning to share. 🙂
These lemon cupcakes would be perfect for a bridal shower or afternoon get-together. The lemon flavor is not overpowering, but delicate enough to lightly flavor the cupcake. It’s light and refreshing, similar to this ice cream.
If you are looking for a simple, yet dainty dessert then these lemon cupcakes are the perfect recipe for you!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup butter
- about 8 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- More milk for thinning, if necessary
- Allow butter and egg to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter, on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, beating on high speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape bowl.
- Add eggs and lemon extract.
- Beat until combined.
- Alternately, add flour mixture and whipping cream to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition, only till combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and cool on wire racks.
- Allow butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- About 1 minute.
- Gradually add 2 cups of powdered sugar, beating well.
- Slowly beat in in the 1/3 cup of milk, lemon extract and lemon zest.
- Gradually beat in the remaining powdered sugar.
- Beat in additional milk until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency.