Patriotic Rice Krispie Bars- A dressed up version of your favorite childhood treat!
Seriously, how is the 4th of July next week?!? This year is flying by and I feel like things start moving even faster after the 4th! Before we know it we will be trimming the tree . 😉
Today’s recipe is just a doctored up version of the classic rice krispie treat. I added a tad more butter (Ahem) and some vanilla and chose to make them look patriotic for the upcoming holiday.
You can use this recipe and change out the sprinkles to coordinate with whatever holiday or party you are celebrating. Putting some food color in the almond bark is a great idea, too. Especially, if you are trying to be extra festive. I kept mine as is for the spirit of Red, White and Blue!
I had to do some searching to find these 4th of July themed sprinkles. However, I finally found some here.
I love a rice krispie treat. Probably because of all the marshmallows since marshmallows are one of my true loves. I cut mine in bars but feel free to cut yours however you wish. I think it would be cute to use a cookie cutter as well and do different shapes. Stars would be cute or any other shape to help fit your theme.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Cereal
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Almond Bark for dipping
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal.
- Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into Bars.
- Melt Almond Bark according to package directions
- Dip bars into melted almond bark
- Sprinkle with sprinkles
- Place on waxed paper until almond bark has dried
- I recommend waiting two hours between the time you make the rice krispie treats and dip them in the almond bark.
- These are best served on the same day.