Peach Salsa-A mixture of fresh peaches, basil, onions, jalapeno peppers and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette dressing!
Peach salsa is not the first recipe I think of making when I start to see the fresh peaches at the store and market. I tend to always think about sweets and how I can turn something healthy into an unhealthy dish. 🙂 Although, after I threw everything together to make this peach salsa I was glad I did because it is so versatile and delicious. In fact, I will have two more recipes to share with you that contains this peach salsa.
Grilled chicken or fish would be excellent served with peach salsa on the side or you can serve it with tortilla chips. I made my own Balsamic Vinaigrette dressign since I already had all the ingredients and it was super easy. However, if you prefer to buy the premade kind it will work fine in this recipe.
This salsa uses fresh summer ingredients and is super quick to make. I love how much it brightened our dinner plates! Be sure to come back and see what else I made using peach salsa.
- 1 fresh peach, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped, seeded, jalapeno pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Combine Ingredients
- Store covered with plastic wrap in refrigerator until serving.
- No longer than 15 minutes.
- This makes 1 cup and can easily be doubled.
- Kraft Recipes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Whisk the vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in the oil.
- Place in a tight jar and refrigerate until ready to use.