Strawberry Graham Cracker Dessert- Graham cracker crust a sweet filling made from marshmallows, a layer of fresh strawberries, more sweet cream and a light layer of graham cracker crumbs. Heavenly!
I feel like summer is flying by much quicker than usual. I love the cooler months but I really don't want life to fly by. I want to relish each season and not let them slip away. With that said, I bring you a summer dessert that is so good you'll want summer to last all year so you can keep making it. If you wish, you could share this strawberry graham cracker dessert with your friends and family and make a fun summer evening out of it.
I love this dessert since it uses some of my favorite sweet foods. I love fresh strawberries, marshmallows and graham crackers. Yes, marshmallows! That creamy layer is a mixture of marshmallows and milk all folded into homemade whipped cream. Oh, you guys, this dessert is out of this world!
Strawberry graham cracker dessert is perfect to take to a get together since it can be made in a loaf pan which makes traveling much easier. I made mine in a clear glass loaf pan just to display all the pretty layers that this dessert has. So, not only is this dessert delicious but it is also pretty!
This dessert does need to chill overnight so plan accordingly. I strongly encourage you to make this sooner rather than later. Enjoy!!
If you are interested in desserts similar to this, then check these out.
Strawberry Graham Cracker Dessert
- About 8 graham crackers crushed
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ package of miniature marshmallows approx. 4 cups
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons of sugar reserved.
- 1 pint sweetened strawberries
- ½ cup chopped nuts optional
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over slices strawberries and let sit.
- Combine graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until a fine crumbly texture.
- Add melted butter and sugar.
- Pulse again.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Press crumbs onto the bottom of a greased 6x10 inch baking dish.
- In a double boiler melt marshmallows with milk; pour into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool.
- Whip the whipping cream. I used my Kitchenaid and sprinkled in about 3 tablespoons of sugar while it was whisking.
- Once the marshmallow mix has cooled fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread half the whipped topping/marshmallow mixture over the crumbs.
- Add the strawberries.
- Top with the remaining cream mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving top with the remaining graham cracker crumbs and nuts if using.
- Cut into pieces and serve.