Caramel Rice Krispie Treat- Rice Krispie treats blended with melted caramel. Your favorite lunchbox treat, reinvented!
Caramel Rice Krispie Treats are sooo delicious and sooo addicting. I swear if you can eat only one then you are very, very strong willed. These treats are easy to make, do not take very long and are a huge hit.
While in college I worked in an office and occasionally we would have a potluck. Ladies know how to office potluck, let me tell ya! One of my former co-workers would bring in these caramel rice krispie treats and I always looked forward to them. Ohhh, so much. I am pretty sure every time I walked by the break room one would jump out of the pan and into my hand! 🙂
I was unable to find her recipe that she wrote out for me so I had to make my own. I do remember her telling me that she used the caramel candy pieces and she unwrapped all of them for melting. I don’t have the willpower to unwrap those caramel pieces of candy. I would unwrap one, eat one, unwrap one, eat one…No progress on the rice krispie treats would be made. So, I bought a bag of caramel bits. You can find them in the baking aisle. They are much easier to use when you are needing to melt caramel. Of course, I can’t say I didn’t snatch a couple of bites of them as well.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package Kraft caramel bits
- 5 cups Rice Cereal
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan combine caramel bits, milk, and marshmallows.
- Cook on medium heat and stirring often.
- In a large bowl pour the rice cereal.
- Once the milk mixture is almost melted begin stirring continuously.
- Add vanilla.
- Once all the marshmallows are melted, pour over the rice cereal.
- Stir together and pour into a sprayed 2 qt. baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit for an hour before serving.
- The size of the pan that you use will depend on how thick you want your treats to be. I chose a shorter but deeper pan because that's how I wanted my treats to look once they were cut.