Chicken Tetrazzini- Spaghetti pasta, chicken, veggies, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese all baked together until golden brown and bubbly.
I can not believe I waited so long to fix chicken tetrazzini. Honestly, I never thought my husband, Jason would like it. However, I couldn’t have been more wrong. He was practically eating out of the pan before we actually sat down to eat and was all like, “what is this amazingness and why haven’t we had this before?” Followed by, “is there mushrooms in this?” Have I mentioned that my husband loves mushrooms? Well, he does! I am not the biggest fan of mushrooms and I didn’t mind them in this dish. I diced them kind of small and that allowed them to blend in with the other ingredients.
I am really not sure why I thought he wouldn’t like it. Everything in chicken tetrazzini he likes. Annnddd, if f he didn’t like it…he would gobble it up anyways and tell me it was delicious. He’s a sweetheart! Believe me, I know from kitchen fails that we have experienced in the past. But those are for another day and time.
This makes a great weeknight dinner. It’s quick and easy. It is also creamy, cheesy and delicious. 🙂
I love making new recipes and knowing that they are something that we are going to enjoy at our dinner table for years to come. In fact, Jason has already asked when we are having it again. lol! Turkey can be used in place of the chicken and is a great way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving…..which will be here before we know it!
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can chicken broth 13.75-oz.
- 1 package of cream cheese cubed (8-oz.)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 boz 7-oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms diced or a (6-oz) jar, drained
- 1 cup chicken or turkey chopped
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute the onion and celery on medium heat until tender.
- In a small skillet saute the mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
- Add broth, cream cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to the large skillet with celery and onions.
- Stir on low heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Add remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese; toss lightly.
- Spoon into a 12"x 18" baking dish; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.