Spiced Caramel Popcorn and Nut Mix– Homemade caramel sauce poured over popcorn and toasted almonds. A perfect fall snack.
Hey guys! This recipe was originally shared on Rebecca’s blog at Living Better Together.
I’ve got a delicious fall treat for you today. This spiced caramel popcorn and nut mix is perfect for all your fall parties. These cookies would also be great for a fall get together!
I love caramel popcorn and this recipe takes it up a notch with the addition of toasted almonds, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. It’s so ooey, gooeey good! I need to warn you…this sticks to your teeth so don’t grab a big handful. 🙂
I hope you have gotten to enjoy the beautiful fall we have had. Except it is raining here today, it rained yesterday, there’s a chance of rain tomorrow, the next day and as far into the future I am able to check via the Internet. lol. However, we do have baseball going on so that is keeping us busy. In October, if the St. Louis Cardinals have made it into the playoffs our evenings involve watching the Cards. What better treat to enjoy while watching baseball in October than some fall inspired caramel popcorn.
Update: Now that the St.Louis Cardinals are no longer in the race for the World Series we will be rooting for the Royals!
This popcorn would be great to package up and give as gifts!
Here’s the recipe. I hope you enjoyed this recipe and you can check out more of my recipes on my blog at picsandpastries.com!
- 12 cups popped popcorn (about 2/3 cup unpopped kernels)
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves (I was out so I didn't use any pecans)
- 2 cups toasted whole almonds
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup plus three tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- i teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray a large disposable aluminum pan or baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray
- Combine popcorn, pecans and almonds in prepared pan.
- Set aside.
- In a medium to large saucepan (use a pan large enough that it won't boil over) bring butter,brown sugar, corn syrups, and vanilla to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir a few times but not constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour over popcorn mixture.
- As best as you can try get as much of the popcorn coated with the caramel mixture.
- Use a spatula and lift the popcorn up and around in the prepared pan.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; stir again to break up any clusters. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to wax paper and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container.
Come check out what else I’ve been cooking!