Homemade Granola Cups– Oats. honey, dried cranberries, chocolate chunks and flaked coconut all baked in a muffin pan and served with a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of honey.
I have a new favorite breakfast/snack. Guys, ohh emmm geee!! These homemade granola cups loaded with dried cranberries and chocolate chunks are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I just can’t get enough of them.
I loaded these bad boys up with dried cranberries, and chocolate chunk pieces. As they bake the chocolate softens a bit and when you take a bite you notice the tartness of the cranberries which is like a match made in heaven with the chocolate. Mind blown!
If I am eating homemade granola cups for breakfast I like to warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds and then add a little bit of yogurt and a drizzle of honey. However, these are also great for taking on the go for a quick snack. I had errands to run the other day and I wrapped one of these up and ate it while I was out and about. Since I wasn’t home I enjoyed it plain and they are sooo good with or without the yogurt and honey.
Since Jason loves to have a smoothie for breakfast I’ve been packing one of these in his lunch box so he can have one for a midmorning snack.
These granola cups are something you can feel good about eating too. They’re full of oats, flaxseed, flaked coconut, honey, dried cranberries and dark chocolate chunks. I just had to add the chocolate and believe me it was an awesome decision. You’re welcome! 😉
I used my regular size muffin pan and my recipe yielded 9 granola cups.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda, flaxseed, brown sugar.
- Stir in cranberries, chocolate, almonds and coconut.
- In a small mixing bowl combine honey, canola oil, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Add to oat mixture.
- Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups, packing tightly and pressing down using the back a spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press the tops with the back of the spoon, again.
- Allow to cool on wired racks.
- Carefully remove from pan and allow to cool completely on wired racks.
- Layer granola in an airtight container between sheets of parchment paper or waxed paper. Refrigerate up to three days.