No Bake Energy Bites– These little bites are easy to prepare and super addictive.
Happy Friday, everyone! Jason got back home last night after being gone since Sunday. I’m so glad he made it back home safely. He was in Louisiana and Texas while they received a bit of a winter storm. As a result, his trip lasted a day longer. While he was gone I had a full on baking/cooking day. I tend to not take breaks during days like that and I’ll just eat an apple or a even a cupcake, if that’s what I baked. Not a good idea, I know!
Fortunately, I had some of these no bake energy bites in the fridge and I was able to grab a couple and that held me over til dinner. Also, not a good idea, to skip lunch all together, but I was so busy that I really didn’t notice.
No Bake Energy Bites are full of oats, peanut butter, flax seed, chocolate chips, flaked coconut and honey. They are quite tasty!
I send a couple of these with Jason to work so he can have something to look forward to after lunch or for a mid-morning snack. He loves them, too! Seriously, what’s not to love?!?
You can always mix up the flavors and try new ingredients in these.
- 1 cup oatmeal (old-fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I prefer natural peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes (toasted)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls. I used my ice cream scoop and then made them a bit smaller.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- The amount this yields will depend on how big or small you shape these.