This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringingInnovation #CollectiveBias
It's no secret that I love coffee. I love the warm drink in my hand early in the morning. I also love the trip to the coffee shop so I can indulge in a "fancy" coffee drink. As much as I love the "fancy" drinks it's just not something I do everyday. Those are for weekends or a day when I need to treat myself. There are several reasons why I don't make the trip and indulge more frequently and I am going to share 5 steps to help you enjoy coffee in a "greener" way.
- Reduce the number of times you get coffee from the coffee shop. It may taste good, but it's expensive and buying that expensive of a drink everyday is not frugal. View it as more of a treat.
- By not driving to the coffee shop you are saving on fuel.
- Drinking coffee in a ceramic mug helps to reduce paper waste.
- Only make enough coffee that you're going to drink at a time and use a proper water to coffee ratio. So much coffee gets poured down the drain which is wasteful.
- Make an effort to purchase a sustainable type of fair trade coffee to brew at home.
I may not have a barista prepare my morning or afternoon, (ahem) coffee however I don't feel deprived. I use a milk frother to fancy-up my coffee. They are in expensive and do a great job of making my coffee taste delicious. While shopping at Walmart recently I walked past the battery display and remembered that I needed to grab some AA batteries for my milk frother. I had been out of them for a little while and kept forgetting to pick some up.
I grabbed the new Energizer EcoAdvanced Battery which is also the first battery on the market to use recycled batteries/materials. I mean, if I am buying batteries to help me live a "greener" life then I should buy "green" batteries. Right?!? Makes sense. Also, these are Energizer's longest lasting alkaline ever.
You will be glad to know that Energizer has the new EcoAdvancedBattery available in AAA as well.
By making my own coffee shop style of coffee at home with my milk frother I am able to have guilt free energy.......no pun intended! Get it? Energy from the batteries and from the coffee!!! 🙂 🙂
I'd love to know how you enjoy your coffee in a "greener" way. Do you have a favorite copycat recipe that you use? Let me know in the comments below.
Also, check out the GuiltFreeEnergy Giveaway that's going on. Enter for a chance to win $1000 in gift cards.