Welcome Baby Grayson: A Birth Story-part 2

To read part 1 click here.

Grayson was born 7.22.16| 4:24 p.m.| 5 lbs. 12 oz.| 19 in. long- 5 weeks and 1 day before his due date.

Grayson was bigger than I anticipated. During my last two weeks of pregnancy his growth had slowed down and we were not sure how big he would be but we were both surprised. 

Even though I was low on amniotic fluid, Grayson still managed to take a gulp of it during delivery. After he was born he was making noise but it wasn’t a normal baby cry. He was trying to breathe and it’s like his lungs were blocked. Poor little guy did not sound good at all.

They gave him oxygen, wrapped him in a blanket and gave him to Jason to hold. Jason was able to show him to me and then they all left the room. I calmly laid there while my doctor finished doing what he needed to. I was worried about Grayson, but I knew he was being taken care of.

Thankfully, we had a doctor in the operating room with us from the children’s hospital to take care of Grayson if he was born in unfavorable conditions. When she walked in the room for delivery she rubbed my head (as I was laying on my back waiting for the c-section to begin) and told me she was there to take care of my baby. She later told Jason that Grayson couldn’t stay at that hospital. They were not equipped to take care of him and he needed to be in the NICU. The hospital I was at didn’t have a NICU. While I was in recovery they were prepping Grayson for his short ambulance ride. At one point, a nurse told Jason he needed to put his hands on Grayson and pray for him. Our little guy was in bad shape!

Unfortunately,  I get very sick and sleepy from anesthesia so they kept me in recovery a bit longer. I eventually told them to go ahead and take me to my room because I was going to be in that state for several hours and I was like that until 2:00 in the morning. Once in my room the team from the children’s hospital brought in Grayson so I could see him before he was transported. At that time he was in an isolate and had been intubated so I couldn’t see much of him. I was also so sick and sleepy that I don’t know what I said. 

Grayson was transferred around 6:00 p.m. and Jason had to wait until 10:00 to see him. The doctors needed time to evaluate him. I was at my hospital resting and sleeping off the anesthesia. Anesthesia makes me so sleepy. I woke up several different times holding my phone because I had fallen asleep while trying to text. Who knows what I sent to people during that time. lol!

The next morning after my doctor checked on me, he gave a me a pass to leave the hospital temporailry so I could finally go see my baby.

Read part 3 here


More like this

Boo! Don’t mean to scare, but please share!

Thank you for the share...Take care!