Apple Butter Pecan Cake– Made from scratch cake with spices and homemade apple butter all work together to yield this delicious cake that’s perfect for fall.
After making slow cooker apple butter and enjoying it with my morning toasts, I was excited to find another use for it: Apple Butter Pecan Cake and it did not disappoint.
What’s in the cake:
Icing: butter, powdered sugar and vanilla
More about the cake
Cake pan: This cake can be made in any tube cake pan. I used my bundt cake pan and had great results.
Pecans: This cake has pecans in it and you can leave them out if you don’t like them. I have never tried the cake without or with another type of nut.
Frosting: This cake is drizzled with a yummy frosting that’s almost glaze like.
Got more apples: Try this apple pull apart bread.
Apple Butter Pecan Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups Slow Cooker Apple Butter recipe link above
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Recipe Vanilla Icing
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tbsp warm water to reach drizzling consistency
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 10" fluted tube pan
- In a medium bowl, stir together the first seven ingredients (through cloves)
- In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds
- Gradually add both sugars, beating on medium speed until combined.
- Beat in the eggs, apple butter and milk just until combined
- Add flour mixture, beating on low just until combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool on rack for 15 minutes or more. Drizzle with icing and cool completely.