Mini Potato Bites-Tater tots, cheese and bacon all together in a bite size appetizer. Perfect for gameday and parties.
What you need to make mini potato bites:
- 32oz. package of tater tots-you will only need about ½ the package
- shredded cheese
- I topped mine with some dried chives but green onions would be good too.
- tart tamper-this tool makes smashing the tater tot in the pan incredibly easy, but if you have something else that will fit in the cup of the pan then you can use that.
- muffin pan
These mini potato bites are so delicious when they're topped with bacon, cheese and sour cream. However, you can omit or add whatever your favorite potato toppings are.
These can be made using one or two tater-tops in a standard or mini muffin pan. I guess it depends how small you want to have them. I have included a photo of how using one tater tot in a mini muffin pan looks and then a plate full of potato bites using a standard muffin pan and two tater-tots looks.
Looking for more game day recipes? How about a big bowl of chex mix? If you're wanting something sweet then check out these no bake energy bites- they're the perfect sweet treat but they're also bite size.
Mini Potato Bites
- 32 oz. Package of tater tots
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 green onions optional
- dried chives optional
- Place one or two (depending on size of pan) tater-tots in muffin pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place on bottom rack and bake for 10 minutes.
- Using a tart stamper or small glass, spray with non-stick spray and press and twist tater tots in each of the muffin cups to make a potato cup.
- Return to oven (middle rack) and bake for 15 minutes or until deep golden brown
- Add cheese and bake for one more minutes or until melted.
- Transfer to platter and top with remaining toppings.