Chicken Salad- diced chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream, pecans, grapes and celery are all combined to make this delicious sandwich.
Heeeyyyy! Sorry it's been quiet around here lately. I cleaned out my closet and just found my way out.
Juuussst kidding. Sorta.
Actually, it's rained here every single day of 2015 thus far. I exaggerate, but it seems that way. So when it's dark and gloomy I find it difficult to take pictures.
Then there's the recipes I photographed and had ready to share, and eventually I will, but I accidentally threw away my "old school" piece of paper that I was using to jot down the recipes on while cooking/baking one day. The recipes got tossed before I typed them out, so rather than sulk in my own pity about the loss of a day's work I decided to tackle the closet "situation" instead. A week and roughly six trash bags later, here I am.
Soooo, let's talk chicken salad, shall we? You love it or hate it. I love it. Jason hates it.
It's delicious served on a slightly toasted croissant or with crackers. Chicken salad is perfect for bridal showers, baby showers and ladies luncheons. It's great on a Wednesday afternoon for lunch for you and yourself only, if you're like me and the only one in your household who doesn't loathe chicken salad.
We will talk soon. Enjoy!
- 3 cups cooked chicken diced (I used two split, bone in chicken breasts and boiled them)
- 1 cup grapes cut in half
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1.2 cup mayonnaise more may be needed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a large pot cover with water, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bring to a boil and allow to boil until chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium size bowl combine mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top
- Add chicken, pecans, celery. Mix all together.
- Gently stir in the grapes.
- Sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
- If I have a lemon I sometimes squeeze some lemon juice over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply