One of my favorite things to do in the winter is drink hot chocolate. One evening Jason (my husband) said he would like to make us a mug of hot cocoa but since we didn't have the premixed stuff he wasn't sure how to make it. lol. Well, you betcha I bought a box of hot cocoa packets during my next trip the grocery store. It's no secret that my husband does not know his way around the kitchen, and I'm okay with that. He does some mean grilling for us during the summer though. 🙂
Hot Chocolate Frosting
- 4 envelopes Hot Cocoa Mix
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound powdered sugar about 3 ½ cups to 4 cups
- Combine cocoa mix and water in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in butter and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add more hot water if frosting is too thick.