I love a basic brownie recipe.One that can be whipped up after dinner to help fill that "something sweet" craving. This recipe is as easy as they come. I dirtied two bowls while making these and I even used my neglected hand mixer. These brownies are best enjoyed with a cold glass of milk.
Leave me a comment to let me know what you think of these yummy brownies.
- ½ cup butter
- 4 squares 1 oz each unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans optional
- Confectioners' sugar optional
- Microwave butter and chocolate, stir until smooth
- Cool slightly
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture
- Sir in pecans if desired
- Spread into two greased 8-in square baking pans.
- Bake at 325 for 35-40 min or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- Cut into bars.
I made these brownies in a dessert bar pan which required less baking time. Adapted from Taste of Home
Leave a Reply