Pimento Cheese is great as an afternoon snack or for a sandwich. It's cheesy and flavorful and perfect with crackers.
Pimento Cheese dip is delicious anytime of the year and makes a great appetizer to take to a party.
If you enjoy trying new dip recipes then check out another favorite, parmesan peppercorn dip. You will love it!
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese (freshly grated)
- cream cheese
- garlic salt
- onion powder
- hot sauce (optional)
See recipe card for quantities and further instructions.
Mix softened cream cheese and mayonnaise together to combine.
Add freshly grated cheese, spices, drained pimentos, few dashes of hot sauce and combine together. Serve or cover and refrigerate. This is best when the dip has had a chance to chill in the refrigerator for a bit.
Can pre shredded cheese be used?
Because of the coating thats on packed shredded cheese to prevent it from sticking, I would not advise it. It may affect the ability to blend together and be creamy. In a pinch, I'm sure it will be fine, but if you have time I would shred it from a block of cheese.
I used my stand mixer to make this dip but a handheld mixer or food processor will also work.
Store pimento cheese in a bowl and sealed tight lid, in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Pimento Cheese Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise use real mayonnaise
- 2½ cups sharp shredded cheese freshly grated
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 4 oz. jar of pimentos drain juice from jar
- a few dashes of hot sauce optional
- Using a mixer or food processor, mix cream cheese and add mayonnaise.
- Add spices and mix together.
- Add pimentos and gently mix until combined.
- Add cheese and either use mixer or spatulas and fold cheese into creamy mixture.
- Add ingredients to a bowl with a lid and refrigerate for one hour or serve immediately with your choice or crackers.
- Refrigerate any leftovers up to one week.
Since this is a creamy based dip, make sure it does not sit out longer than two hours at room temperature.