Eggnog Donuts- Baked eggnog flavored donuts which are dipped in an eggnog glaze.
This is kind of embarrassing to admit since I am a self proclaimed "foodie," but I never tried eggnog until a couple of weeks ago....Sad, I know. I was always afraid I wouldn't like it, but turns out I do like it. It tastes like melted ice cream. So, after my realization I knew I wanted to bake with it. That's what we crazy bakers like to do with yummy food/drinks....turn it into an extra indulgent treat!
If you don't have a donut pan you can get one here. You're going to want one because I plan on sharing even more donut recipes in the future. Baked donuts are lots of fun to make. Of course, I made an eggnog glaze to dunk these in..which is the funnest part. 🙂
Eggnog Donuts are a fun treat to leave out for Santa. Donuts and Coffee! He could use a warm drink and a little pick me up! 🙂 I understand if you don't want to shy away from the traditional milk and cookies, though. Definitely make these before eggnog season is over.
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl and allow to cool while you prep other ingredients.
- Spray a doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking salt, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Whisk together.
- In another bowl combine both sugars, egg, eggnog, vanilla and butter,
- Whisk all together until sugars are dissolved.
- Gently pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture and use a wooden spoon to gently fold the batter until all is fully incorporated.
- Fill donut cavities about ½ way
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on wired racks to cool.
- Cool completely before dipping in glaze.
- In a bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla, eggnog and milk.
- Whisk all together until it's at a glaze like consistency.
Seal the bag and snip off a corner and fill the donut pan this way.
If you wish you can use less eggnog and more milk to make the glaze.
Only add a tablespoon of each at a time until the consistency is right.