Fruit Pizza-delicious sugar cookie crust, cream cheese base loads of fresh fruit and a fruity syrup drizzled over the top. Perfection on a pizza plate!
Fruit Pizza is a great summer dessert ora great treat to make for a shower or party. There are tons of fruit pizza recipes out there and lots of them are easy semi homemade kind. This one is not semi homemade. The dough is the real deal! Also, the creamy base is delicious and then you top all the fruit with a syrup made from the fruit juices!! Heavenly!
I made this fruit pizza for us to have for dessert one weekend and we loved it. The recipe was given to me from a teacher I use to work with and he use to make these fruit pizzas every year at Christmas and share with the teachers and staff. It's an old recipe he has had for years and everyone loves it.
You can top the fruit pizza with your favorite fruits or use whats in season. It's up to you. I used strawberries, bananas, mandarin oranges, blueberries and pineapple. Definitely use pineapple because you use the juice from the can to make the yummy syrup to drizzle over the top.
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup shortening (Crisco)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ⅓ to 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 -8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 2-¼ cups of honey divided
- pineapple juice from can
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Mix butter, shortening, sugar and egg together
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and mix together.
- Pat on greased pizza pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Let cool.
- Using a mixer, mix cream cheese, and the first ¼ cup of honey together
- Spread on crust
- Top with fruits starting outside and working your way inside the dough
- Using a medium saucepan cook together the other ¼ cup honey, remaining pineapple juice and corn starch until thickened.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, stirring often, and then drizzle over pizza.