This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I am not sure if I have made this clear, but I love comfort food. It is by far my favorite "type" of food. I may sound crazy but I also love winter!! There's no better time for comfort food to warm you up than during the winter months.
As a result of being a winter lovin' and comfort food lovin' person I often have a stash of Marie Callender's pot pies in our freezer. After all, they are perfect for busy days, where dinner hasn't been given much thought. Since it's only my husband and me that I cook for I buy the individual size.
Since the pot pies are loaded with vegetables I just whip up a quick fruit salad to enjoy with our dinner. This fruit salad is a combination of canned fruit that are probably already in your pantry. The recipe also calls for a box of lemon or vanilla pudding mix. I prefer the vanilla, but make it with lemon pretty often too. Of course, everything for this delicious fruit salad and the pot pies, can be all be purchased at Walmart so there's no reason to run around to different stores looking for these items.
The fruit salad needs to chill in the fridge for an hour. Feel free to add in any additional fruit you prefer. I love bananas so I slice one and throw it in with the rest of the fruit.
Next time you're planning your grocery list I suggest adding the ingredients for this fruit salad and a few Marie Callender's pot pies. If you want to know more about Marie Callender you can visit their site by clicking here >>>>> http://www.mariecallendersmeals.com/
Be sure to visit http://potpieplease.com for more delicious recipes.
- 1 20-oz. can chunk pineapple
- 1 can fruit cocktail drained
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 small package of vanilla or lemon dry pudding mix
- I banana optional
- Pour the contents of the pudding in a small bowl.
- Pour juice from the can of pineapple over the pudding mix.
- Mix together with a fork until all the pudding mixture is dissolved.
- In a large bowl pour the contents from the can of fruit cocktail and the mandarin oranges.
- Add the pineapple chunks and sliced banana,
- Pour the pudding/pineapple juice mixture over the top and gently toss togeter.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Make sure to check your Marie Callender's box and look for an eight digit code that can be entered here to help support our troops as a result of their Comforts From Home program.
Head over to Facebook and "like" Marie Callender's page so you don't miss any of their updates.