This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
Homemade Ice Cream Cake- Wal Mart, vanilla ice cream, crushed cookies, hot fudge and whipped topping make this decadent dessert delicious and easy to make.
Making your own ice cream cake is inexpensive, very easy and the end results are delicious! It's so easy and delicious that you'll be enjoying homemade ice cream cakes all summer long.
While at Wal Mart recently I bought Blue Bunny ice cream and ice cream sandwiches to make this ice cream cake. I love making ice cream cakes and sharing them with friends and family. Everyone assumes it has to be time consuming to make. However, that's not the case with this ice cream cake. The delicious layers come from the ice cream sandwiches. I add in some crushed chocolate sandwiches cookies and hot fudge sauce for some extra yum!
I don't know about you, but I can't be trusted while there's an ice cream cake in the freezer. I constantly want to open the door and take a small bite with a spoon until it reaches a point where I should have just dished some out in a bowl and ate it the "normal" way. What fun is that, though?!?
What's your favorite make at home treat using store bought ice cream?
Ice Cream Cake
- 8 Blue Bunny Ice Cream Sandwiches
- ½ cup Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Creamm softened
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies crushed
- ½ cup whipped topping thawed, plus more for topping
- ¼ cup hot fudge sauce
- Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Line 4 ice cream sandwiches next to one another in a row
- Fold together the whipped topping and ice cream and layer on top of the ice cream sandwiches
- Sprinkle half of the cookie crumbs on top
- Drizzle the hot fudge sauce on top of crumbs
- Top with the remaining four ice cream sandwiches
- Top the sandwiches with more whipped topping and go over the sides as well
- Place in freezer for 2-3 hours to set
- Garnish with remaining cookie crumbs, if you'd like