Good afternoon! I am sharing a DIY beauty post today!! I don't claim to be a beauty blogger but I do have a minor obsession with all things beauty..... in case you didn't know.
I love doing my nails..I actually find it relaxing! I would rather do my nails than go get them done. In fact, getting my nails done is a rare thing. I get pedicures more often than I get a manicure. I kind of hate sitting there not being able to do anything with my hands
(use my phone) which is why I am more likely to get a pedicure.
With that said, about a year and a half ago I started doing my nails following this formula all thanks to my friend Kendall. She has great nails and loves doing them like I do. However, I was telling her how I hate that my polish never lasts longer than a day without chipping and that's when she shared her nail polish formula.
Guys....this works! It's wonderful..and so much cheaper than getting them done at the salon. I think it's very easy to get 5 days with this polish routine and maybe even a week. By day 6 or 7 you may start to see some small chips and nail growth.
Using filed and clean nails...
- apply two base coats of the Gelous
- then your color of choice,
- another coat of Gelous
- 2nd coat of color
- the top coat, Seche Vite
- Get comfortable and wait for your nails to dry
- Don't take the polish all the way to your cuticles or the side of your nails. Leave a little space between those areas and your nail and this will prevent the polish from "bubbling" and then peeling.
- Apply thin coats and not any thick ones.
- Allow plenty of time for each coat to dry before applying the next one.
I bought the base and top coats from Sally Beauty and usually buy my polish from Target. I love the Essie, OPI and Revlon the best!
Let me know how this works for you!!