Peach Cobbler- Homemade dough dropped onto fresh peaches and baked until warm and bubbly. Must serve with vanilla ice cream!
If you are on a hunt for the best peach cobbler recipe then you have come to the right place!
This peach cobbler recipe is the BEST PEACH COBBLER RECIPE!! I am speaking with pure confidence about this recipe, folks! I hope you have fresh peaches where you live because this recipe is the way to use them. Our grocery had fresh Georgia peaches and they were the best I’ve ever had.
Peach Cobbler is classic summertime dessert and the best way to use those fresh, juicy peaches.
Of course, no peach cobbler is complete without a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The two were meant for eachother.
Recipes such as this make me wish we lived closer to our families because I would of loved to have been able to invite them over for dessert. However, we do not live close to family and don’t have many friends here so this cobbler we just ours. 🙂 We did not eat the whole cobbler. I would of loved to of gobbled it up myself, but I need my clothes to fit so I chose my portions wisely! 🙂 Yes, I had more than one serving but once you make this then you will understand why.
- 3 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar plus one tablespoon divided
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- Grease a 7x11 inch casserole dish.
- Combine flour and sugar.
- Place sliced peaches in dish and sprinkle with flour and sugar mix.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the flour/sugar mixture and top with butter.
- Allow peaches to sit while you combine the dough.
- Sift one cup of flour.
- Sift together the sifted flour, baking powder, salt, one tablespoon sugar.
- Cut in shortening to the flour mixture.
- Stir in milk to make a soft dough.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto peaches.
- Bake for 425 degrees for 30 minutes.