Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Granola Bars-Oats, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and creamy peanut butter create a soft batch style granola bar.
Hey there! I can’t believe it’s time for another Peanut Butter Bash recipe.If you missed last month’s recipe you can read about it here. Be sure to check out this month’s Peanut Butter Bash Recipes at the end of this post. Our ingredient to use this month, in conjunction with the peanut butter was pumpkin.
These peanut butter and pumpkin granola bars and full of seasonal flavor and are soft and chewy from the creamy peanut butter and pumpkin.
I love making my own granola bars. I store them in an airtight container and send them in Jason’s lunch and I will have one….er,two as a snack throughout the day. They’re great with a side of yogurt and a glass of milk.
I used mini semi sweet morsels and peanut butter flavored morsels on the tops of these granola bars. If you don’t have mini sized morsels the regular ones with work just fine.
I used my 8x8x2 inch baking pan to bake these. I cut them in bars, squares, tiny pieces, big pieces. Obviously, I didn’t do nice and neat rows. Feel free to do so yourself though. I hope you enjoy these yummy peanut butter and pumpkin granola bars.
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Granola Bars
- 3 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup miniature semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup peanut butter cup morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8x2 inch baking pan with foil and spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, stir all together.
- In a medium bowl stir together the honey, peanut butter, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir until all combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and use a spatula to flatten the oats.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- After 15 minutes of baking remove from oven and sprinkle with the morsels.
- Place back in oven for another 15 minutes. Insert toothpick and make sure it's not wet in the center.
- Allow to cool for an hour before cutting into squares.