I *think* this might be my last pumpkin recipe I share this year! I have enjoyed making a few new things this pumpkin season. For example, this yummy pumpkin dessert, this cozy drink and today’s recipe which is also a new one. I have made pumpkin bars before, but never this exact recipe. This one was much better than the one I have used in the past.
These pumpkin bars do not look as impressive as a pumpkin roll, but are equally delicious!
I haven’t decided which dessert I plan on making for Thanksgiving, yet. Have you? I always enjoy hearing about the yummy food that everyone will be preparing for the holidays. Let me know in the comments what you’re fixing!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 3 oz. package of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Line a 15x10x1 inch pan with aluminum foil; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, pumpkin, sugar and oil.
- Add the flour mixture; beat until well combined.
- Spread batter in a prepared pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Cut into squares.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.