Pumpkin Bread- that is sweet, moist and full of seasonal flavor. This bread is one that keeps you coming back for more.
Is it even fall without a slice of the quintessential bread at some point during the fall season?!? This is a classic recipe and not that I don't love chocolate chip pumpkin bread, because I do. However, sometimes I crave the classics and this recipe is it.
Tell me more....
This recipe yields several mini loaves of bread or a couple standard size loaves of bread. I like to do one standard size and a couple mini sizes, but you can do whatever you prefer. It also requires one 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree so make sure you don't use the large can of pumpkin pie mix.
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- Vegetable Oil
- All-purpose flour
- baking soda
- 1 15oz. can of pumpkin
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅔ cup water
- 4 eggs
- Grease the bottom and ½ inch sides of two 9x5x3-inch, three 8x4x2-inch, or four 7½x3½x2-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a very large mixing bowl beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs and beat well.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Alternately, add flour and water to sugar mixture, beating on low speed after each addition and just until combined.
- Beat in pumpkin and spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely, wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- If you're using the smaller size pans begin checking for doneness around 25 minutes.
Bread can be wrapped and placed in a freezer safe bag and frozen for up to three months.