Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes-Soft and fluffy buttermilk pancakes with the addition of pumpkin puree are so delicious and a great fall morning breakfast.
Since I shared a recipe to make your own maple flavored syrup I figured it was time I share a recipe for something to use with said syrup. I love to make pancakes on the weekends or for a easy weeknight supper and since I profoundly love pumpkin I figured I needed some pumpkin pancakes in my life.
Pumpkin buttermilk pancakes are good!
I wouldn't share them with you if they weren't, but I'm just letting you know. They're good!
Of course, if you're like my husband and not 100% completely in love with pumpkin then you probably won't enjoy these as much as I do. It's not something I would want to eat every weekend. Pumpkin pancakes have their place and right now is the time to enjoy them. If you are having guests stay with you this Thanksgiving then I would make these one morning for breakfast.
One of the benefits to adding pumpkin to your pancakes is that they will be extremely soft. Soft and fluffy pancakes are the best!!
Here's the recipe! Enjoy!!
Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons plain cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ⅔ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, brown sugar,cornmeal, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a small bowl whisk the buttermilk,pumpkin, butter and egg.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined, batter will be lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Brush the griddle or skillet with cooking oil.
- Spoon about ⅓ cup of batter onto the cooking surface and cook until bubbles appear on the surface, approximately 3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook an approximate 2-3 minutes more.
Make sure to use self-rising flour and not all purpose flour. This recipe does not have baking powder or baking soda in it which is why it uses self-rising flour.
Sophia @ NY Foodgasm
Damn these look perfectly fluffy! Beautiful work!
Thanks, Sophia!! You're so sweet! 🙂
Allie | Baking a Moment
Mmm, these look terrific, Tiffany! I love pumpkin pancakes and my hubby makes them just like this. Perfect weekend breakfast! Also am I crazy or did you change your header art? I love it!
Pancakes really are the PERFECT weekend breakfast!! You're not crazy! We have been sloowwwlllyyyy rolling out some changes. Thanks so much for noticing and your kind words! 🙂
this looks like a delicious breakfast!