I can not believe that Halloween is in two days! Not that Halloween is a substantial holiday for me but after Halloween it seems that the rest of the year flies by. These cookies do not have to be enjoyed only at Halloween but their colors makes them more festive for this fast approaching holiday.
These Reese's Pieces I bought in the baking aisle. I *think* they may be smaller than the ones in the candy aisle. I also used mini chocolate chips, but feel free to use the regular size if that is what you have on hand.
Reese's Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- ¾ cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans optional
- Heat oven to 375
- Stir the flour with baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color.
- Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, Reese's pieces and nuts, if using them.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet or one lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.