Taco Soup is an easy recipe that's made with ingredients from the pantry and can be cooked on the stovetop or in a slow cooker. Top with sour cream and shredded cheese or your favorite taco toppings.
Taco Tuesday just got yummier with a fun alternative to tacos with this delicious taco soup. This taco soup is about the easiest recipe yet it's so flavorful.
What's in taco soup?
- A pound of beef or turkey
- beef broth
- can of corn
- can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- diced tomatoes
- black beans
- pinto beans
- taco seasoning
- ranch seasoning
After browning the meat in a skillet, you can either add it to a stock pot to cook or a slow cooker. Either way, the outcome is a great tasting soup that you will want to make again and again. I prefer the slow cooker and that's really because of how easy this soup is. I like the idea of pouring all the ingredients in the slow cooker and walking away for a few hours knowing that I have dinner done. Clean up is a breeze too.
When it's time to eat, grab a bowl and crush tortilla chips in the bottom of the bowl, ladle soup over the chips and top with sour cream and shredded cheese. Taco in a bowl!
This soup can easily be doubled, just make sure your pot or slow cooker is large enough. Also, it freezes well, if there's any leftovers.
- slow cooker (optional)
- 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 15.5 oz Can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz Can Pinto Beans
- 2 14 oz Cans of Beef Broth
- 1 14.5 oz Can of diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz. Can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 Packet of Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 Packet of taco seasoning mix
- 1 Can of corn, not drained
- pepper and pinch of salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Brown meat in a skillet until cooked through
- Drain fat away from meat
- If using a slow cooker add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for four hours or on high for two hours.
- If cooking on a stovetop then pour all ingredients into a large stockpot or dutch oven. Bring to a boil; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.