Happy Monday! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. We did a bunch of nothing this weekend and it was much needed.
I really enjoy making a batch of muffins to heat up for breakfast during the week. Since it is pumpkin season I decided to embrace it with some yummy pumpkin muffins.
This recipe is one I’ve modified and added then this yummy streusel topping which was the perfect addition.
I hope these muffins make your mornings a bit easier by already having breakfast prepared. I made these in my jumbo pan which yielded 6 muffins. Feel free to use a standard size muffin pan to yield a dozen muffins, if you wish!
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease muffin pan or insert liners
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and sugar; set aside.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, vanilla. Add to the flour mixture a little at a time; mixing until combined.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full of batter, then sprinkle tops with streusel topping.
- Bake for 30 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for several minutes on a cooling rack before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- I stored the leftovers in an airtight container.