Hey, everyone! I've got another breakfast recipe today. I know I just shared these yummy muffins but this granola is delicious at breakfast as well as a snack. This recipe is a mixture of different granola recipes I have tried in the past. I modified it to my liking and thought the cocoa roasted almonds would be a nice addition.
The cocoa flavor only comes from the cocoa roasted almonds that I used. It's not necessary, but we liked it. The flavor is subtle so that's why it's okay to use regular almonds. The coconut adds a little extra sweetness to the granola. I used ½ cup but feel free to use more or less to suit your taste.
The maple syrup really helps the granola to stick together so it doesn't all fall apart when putting it in a container. I stored mine in a glass jar.
Chocolate Coconut Granola
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tsps. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole almonds coarsely chopped (I used cocoa roasted)
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. I highly recommend using a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a saucepan whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt and vegetable oil and cook on med heat until it comes to a light boil.
- In a large mixing bowl measure out the oats, coconut and almonds.
- Once the liquid mixture has come to a light boil, slowly pour over the oat mixture.
- Using a spatula mix around the oat mixture until all is covered with the syrup mixture.
- Spread onto the baking sheet and pat down the granola with the spatula. Make sure it is evenly spread out on the pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 min, or until the top is starting to brown.
- Allow to cool on pan for an hour and then store in an airtight container.