I hope you are in the mood for something sweet because that is what today’s recipe is. A rich, smooth brownie topped with marshmallow cream which is then topped with dul de leche and then sprinkled with pecans. Are you drooling, yet? These brownies are messy but who cares when they taste as good as these do. I found my can of dulce de leche in the baking isle at Kroger so I hope you don’t have trouble fining it.
These brownies are not as rich as I thought they would be. Which is kind of a bummer because I kept wanting to eat more and more. As badly as I wanted to indulge myself I sent the brownies to work with my husband. It was the right thing to do. I think. 🙂
You need these brownies in your life. I highly recommend baking a batch really soon. Your sweet tooth will thank you!
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 13.4 ounce can dulce de leche
- 1 7 ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium saucepan cook and stir unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil.Grease foil.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition. In a small bowl stir together the flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in semisweet chocolate morsels.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until almost set.
- When brownies are almost finished transfer dulce de leche to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute or until soft, stirring once.
- Remove brownies from oven and set pan on a wired rack.
- Immediately spoon marshmallow cream in mounds on top of brownies.
- Drop spoonfuls of dulce de leche between mounds of marshmallow cream.
- Let stand a few minutes.
- Using a a table knife, swirl marshmallow cream and dulce de leche around to marble. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Let set for approximately 20 minutes.
- Lift foil from pan and cut brownies.
- Best served the same day.