Cherry cream pie. A combination of cherry pie, cherry cheesecake and cherry delight all in one. It. is. so. good!
I love today’s recipe. It’s basically a combination of a few my favorite desserts all rolled into one. The graham cracker crust is the perfect choice for this type of pie. Unless, you always prefer a pastry crust then you can use that instead. I have a recipe for one here.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- Combine the ingredients for the crust and stir all together. Press firmly into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 375 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Blend together cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla. Blend. Fold in whipped cream. Once crust has cooled spread the cream filling over it.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Top with a can of cherry pie filling and refrigerate for an hour.
- I whipped the whip topping by hand using a wisk and clean glass bowl.
- Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com