My husband loves this chicken wing recipe. Although, I don't know of many chicken wing recipes that he doesn't love. 🙂 This particular recipe came from my grandma. She has since passed but I have vivid memories of her making these wings for my grandpa. He too loved them and one time I remember my husband and him having a playful competition to see who could eat more. I believe Jason won that competition with pride.
This recipe is super easy to prepare and doesn't take long to bake either. I often serve ours with french fries or a baked potato and macaroni and cheese.
I'm a wee bit of a baby when it comes to hot/spicy foods. I truly can't handle the heat. So, I like to dip my wings in ranch dressing.
- 2 pounds of chicken wings approx 16 If not already done cut apart wings and drumettes
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 package of Onion Soup Mix dry
- ¾ cup of hot sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- Place butter,soup mix, cayenne pepper and hot sauce in a sauce pan and turn to medium heat.
- Allow butter to melt and stir often.
- Brush chicken wings with olive oil and place under the broiler for about 2 min. Just to get the skin lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and turn oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the hot sauce mixture onto the wings.
- Place in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- About halfway through the cooking process I brush more hot sauce on the wings.
- Remove wings and place on a serving platter.
Leave a Reply