Peanut Butter and Chocolate Delight-Peanut butter cookies, chocolate, cream cheese & cool whip with a peanut butter drizzle.
So most of us are probably familiar with chocolate delight or chocolate supreme. It's the dessert that's at every church get together which is why I think the recipe is in all my church cookbooks. It's incredibly easy to make and always quick to go. However, I find it funny that I actually made a goof while making mine. :/ It happens. I mixed up my layers, lol. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the large amounts of cough syrup I've been ingesting. *cough, cough* I'm so over being sick.
Rebecca emailed the other day and asked if I would like to make a peanut butter recipe and share it on Thursday with a few other bloggers. I thought it sounded fun and instantly thought about how I could switch up the usual chocolate delight.
Since I have been sick and am behind on EVERY. THING. I decided it would be best if I cut some corners and used a store bought cookie dough for the base.
I sprayed my 9x13 inch pan with non-stick baking spray and placed the cookie dough in the pan and left it there for about ten minutes. Once it was soft I pressed it down into the pan and all smushed it all together. Yes, smushed. 🙂
I only baked it for a min or two longer than the directions stated to as if I were baking cookies. So, after that time, I think 12-15 minutes, check the dough. Mine was getting brown on the outside but a little soft in the center. I removed it from the oven and allowed it to cool completely.
To make this simple dessert fancy looking I added a peanut butter drizzle on top. Except, I am really bad at making desserts look fancy so this doesn't actually look fancy. I tried. However, I bet if you put the peanut butter in a ziploc bag and snip off the end then it would be pretty. I just flicked a whisk loaded with peanut butter around. Once again, too much cough syrup.
Enjoy this recipe and if you mess up the layers like I did then it will be okay. I promise!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Delight
- One package of cookie dough. I bought the rectangle package.
- One 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Peanut Butter drizzle
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Press dough into an even layer in greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and center is cooked through.
- Cool completely.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese, half of whipped topping and powdered sugar.
- Spread on top of cooled cookie crust.
- In another bowl, whisk pudding and milk together and spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pudding and chill until ready to serve.
- If desired, top with peanut butter drizzle.
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- In a mixing bowl combine peanut butter, milk and powdered sugar and whisk together until it is at a consistency that it can be drizzled.