Peanut Butter and Chocolate Delight-Peanut butter cookies, chocolate, cream cheese & cool whip with a peanut butter drizzle.
So most of us are probably familiar with chocolate delight or chocolate supreme. It's the dessert that's at every church get together which is why I think the recipe is in all my church cookbooks. It's incredibly easy to make and always quick to go. However, I find it funny that I actually made a goof while making mine. :/ It happens. I mixed up my layers, lol. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the large amounts of cough syrup I've been ingesting. *cough, cough* I'm so over being sick.
Rebecca emailed the other day and asked if I would like to make a peanut butter recipe and share it on Thursday with a few other bloggers. I thought it sounded fun and instantly thought about how I could switch up the usual chocolate delight.
Since I have been sick and am behind on EVERY. THING. I decided it would be best if I cut some corners and used a store bought cookie dough for the base.
I sprayed my 9x13 inch pan with non-stick baking spray and placed the cookie dough in the pan and left it there for about ten minutes. Once it was soft I pressed it down into the pan and all smushed it all together. Yes, smushed. 🙂
I only baked it for a min or two longer than the directions stated to as if I were baking cookies. So, after that time, I think 12-15 minutes, check the dough. Mine was getting brown on the outside but a little soft in the center. I removed it from the oven and allowed it to cool completely.
To make this simple dessert fancy looking I added a peanut butter drizzle on top. Except, I am really bad at making desserts look fancy so this doesn't actually look fancy. I tried. However, I bet if you put the peanut butter in a ziploc bag and snip off the end then it would be pretty. I just flicked a whisk loaded with peanut butter around. Once again, too much cough syrup.
Enjoy this recipe and if you mess up the layers like I did then it will be okay. I promise!
If you're interesting in participating in our monthly peanut butter bash recipe group you can contact Miranda at [email protected]
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Delight
- One package of cookie dough. I bought the rectangle package.
- One 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Peanut Butter drizzle
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Press dough into an even layer in greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and center is cooked through.
- Cool completely.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese, half of whipped topping and powdered sugar.
- Spread on top of cooled cookie crust.
- In another bowl, whisk pudding and milk together and spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pudding and chill until ready to serve.
- If desired, top with peanut butter drizzle.
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- In a mixing bowl combine peanut butter, milk and powdered sugar and whisk together until it is at a consistency that it can be drizzled.
Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance
Tiffany, I love your recipe! I pinned it to try it out later. Thank you! I just shared your Recipe on my Facebook page so others can enjoy it too!
Thank you, Theresa!!
This does look marvelous! Pinned to my chocolate board also. Best wishes, Linda Crafts a la Mode
Thanks for sharing, Linda!
Mmmm, this looks SO good! I just want to grab my fork and dig right in! 😉
Thanks so much, Jocelyn!
Miranda @ Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt
I need to pin this dessert! I'm sure it will put a damper on my diet, but I have got to make this right away! Delicious recipe and such beautiful pictures.