Breakfast Cups with Chorizo Sausage- Baked won ton wrappers filled with chorizo sausage, scrambled eggs and cheese.
Let’s start this week off with breakfast, shall we?! These little breakfast cups are fun to make and taste great. Oh, and super easy..Not just “easy,” but super easy!
First, buy some won ton wraps, which I found mine in the organic section of the store, next to the tofu items. I made mine with chorizo sausage to give it some more bite. Chorizo sausage for this recipe comes highly recommended by yours truly!
I only used half a pound of sausage so with the remaining sausage I made biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast one morning. I also highly recommend you do that too! 😉
Go ahead and scramble some eggs and grate some cheese as it is all going to be tossed together and added to the breakfast cups.
The Breakfast Cups are made by placing a won ton wrapper into a well sprayed muffin pan. Fill the cups almost to the top of the cup part of the muffin pan and sprinkle with more cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the edges are lightly brown.
To best enjoy these you’re going to want some salsa. If you don’t like salsa, then enjoy them plain! 🙂
- 1/2 pound Chorizo Sausage
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup cheese, divided and shredded. I used Mild
- Won ton Wrappers- I used 12
- Brown sausage in a medium size skillet.
- Drain off grease.
- Scramble eggs and place in a medium size bowl once finished.
- Add sausage to the bowl with the eggs,
- Top with the cheese and toss all the ingredients together.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill muffin cups with a won won wrapper in each cavity.
- Fill won ton wrappers with the sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle the tops with a bit more cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Thee sausage can be made the night before which will help make these even quicker to make.